- With your primary care physician
- With any specialty doctors (if applicable)
- With the person you've chosen to act as your Medical Proxy
- Your patient portal if possible
- Electronically - either e-mail yourself or place a copy on the cloud in case you're traveling
- Your vehicle - the chances of something happening are typically in your car!
Just because you've signed, does not mean that you're done. Remember, it's more important that these documents are accessible rather than being locked in a safe or a safety deposit box. How'd you do? Go ahead and start disseminating copies of your Medical Proxy in the aforementioned places. If you need to create a Medical Proxy or revisit your estate plan, please call us today!
Until next time,